Friday, August 26, 2011

Basket Lady

There are cat ladies, bird ladies, bag ladies and then there's me, the basket lady.  I love utilizing baskets in any room and for any purpose.  I love the organization that baskets provide while at the same time being beautiful enough to leave in plain view.  To me, bins say "put me in the closet" but baskets say "leave me out to be admired."

When I started photographing all of the baskets in my house I don't think I realized just how much I love baskets!  These are only about half of the baskets that I have throughout my house.

I used to shop for baskets at my favorite discount stores or when Hobby Lobby had them on sale but recently I discovered just how cheaply baskets can be found at consignment stores.

The Habitat Restore, Goodwill, garage sales and other consignment places are wonderful places to find cheap baskets for organization.  Some of the baskets below cost me as little as $1 or $2, some even less!

I love baskets for holding...

Magazines


Toilet tissue


Bathroom toiletries


Books for the baby


Changing table items


Homeschool Supplies


Remote controls


Games, DVDs, Wii games and controllers and toys, oh my!


For books, magazines or snacks on the playroom ottoman


More books!  I love wire baskets too!


Throw blankets in the living room 


Books in the living room



Dog toys


and shoes by the back door.


Now I'm off to spend some much needed time with Georgia Boy watching a movie.  Did I mention the movie stars Matthew McConaughey?  Not a bad way to spend a Friday night.

Happy weekend, Cheap Mamas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...